I thought this offer might interest some of you.
You do need a valid UK IP, address, and mobile phone number, so, sorry anyone who's from outside the UK, this will not apply to you.
OVH are offering free .co.uk domains for one year. Now, .co.uk domains can be registered for a minimum of two years, and I presume this is where they are attempting to make their money back; but, if you just want a free domain for one year to see if it's worth it, this offer is totally for you.
You just sign up, they send a message to your phone with a number in it, and you confirm the number with them, the domain is created in about a half hour.
With DNS propogation, it took me about 4 hours to get my free .co.uk up and directing folks to my site.
Enjoy, and I hope someone gets something out of this:
You do need a valid UK IP, address, and mobile phone number, so, sorry anyone who's from outside the UK, this will not apply to you.
OVH are offering free .co.uk domains for one year. Now, .co.uk domains can be registered for a minimum of two years, and I presume this is where they are attempting to make their money back; but, if you just want a free domain for one year to see if it's worth it, this offer is totally for you.
You just sign up, they send a message to your phone with a number in it, and you confirm the number with them, the domain is created in about a half hour.
With DNS propogation, it took me about 4 hours to get my free .co.uk up and directing folks to my site.
Enjoy, and I hope someone gets something out of this:
Code:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/dotcodotuk.xml

Comment